Key Facts and FAQ
Good for the Earth:
• Anji Mountain Bamboo rugs are ecologically friendly. Bamboo has a robust root system that
generates multiple new shoots for every culm (mature stalk) that is harvested.
• Unlike hardwood that can take decades to grow to a mature height ready for harvest, bamboo grows
8-12 feet a year! Therefore, closely regulated harvesting of sustainable bamboo forests is much more
ecologically responsible than reckless clear-cutting of old-growth hardwood forests.
What’s so special about the Anji Mountains?
• Unlike most tropical climates where bamboo grows, the Anji Mountains experience a freeze of
approximately two months each year. The cold temperatures stop the sap flow which promotes slow
growth that, consequently, produces a much denser, harder and more durable bamboo better suited for
What’s so special about your bamboo rugs?
• Anji Mountain Bamboo rugs are manufactured with a non-slip, synthetic padding that is mold,
mildew and water-resistant! No need to buy an expensive rug pad!
• Anji Mountain Bamboo rugs are the only bamboo rugs suitable for indoor/outdoor use (patent
pending). Accept no substitutes!
• Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. bamboo is harvested, processed, manufactured and assembled
exclusively in the Anji Mountains of China.
• Our bamboo has been expertly carbonized (naturally removing moisture and oils) and kiln dried
(further removing moisture) to help prevent cracking and warping. These crucial steps are taken to
assure our rugs are ready to withstand the dry heat of your home in the wintertime or the arid climate of
those living in the desert and mountains.
• Our bamboo is machine planed and sanded—then hand-sanded in an extra step to assure the
smoothest and finest quality finish possible.
• Our rugs are manufactured with color-coordinated poly borders that last longer and are more stain-
resistant than cotton borders. Our borders are micro-stitched and bound with mitered corners for better
wear and a more attractive finish.
• Each rug is packaged with an 8 ½” x 11” color photo label complete with individual UPC number.
• Individually packaged in a reusable, zippered bag complete with a carry handle for easy transport
and storage! Neat!
• Anji Mountain Bamboo Rug Co. rugs clean easily with a damp cloth or mop.
• Our bamboo rugs are treated with a layer of UV protection to minimize fading. However, like all
natural wood our rugs will fade in time when exposed to direct sunlight.
• If our rugs are used outdoors it is recommended that they be stored inside when not in use to
maximize the life of the rug.
• If the rug(s) is used outdoors and gets moisture on it:
1) The bamboo surface should be wiped dry as soon as possible
2) The rug should be hung over a fence or chair so the backing will air dry properly
3) Most importantly…the surface the rug lies on should be completely air dried before the rug is
laid back down.
• All rugs come with a 30 day warranty.
Top 10 Questions a customer may ask about Anji Mountain Bamboo Rugs:
Q: I have seen bamboo in other stores. What is different about Anji Mountain Bamboo Rugs?
A: Everything! Anji Mountain Bamboo Rugs are made from the strongest, most durable bamboo on
earth. We use only 5 year old bamboo when others use younger, weaker bamboo for their rugs. We
feature a ventilated, non-slip, rug pad backing (patent pending) which gives a comfortable cushion
underfoot, keeps the rug in place and allows for spills and moisture and resists mold and mildew. We
feature over 16 styles of bamboo in many unique and popular sizes—way more than any of our
competitors. Finally, our rugs come packed in an attractive and versatile canvas bag with carrying
handles and hanging loops for easy storage and transport.
Q: Will this rug scratch or dent easily?
A: These rugs have been aged, kiln dried and finished with premium polyurethane. This process is
crucial in manufacturing the strongest, most durable bamboo rug in the marketplace. However, these
rugs are not scratch-proof. Depending on the style and manner of use, these rugs will show some
scratches due to unprotected furniture legs, animal claws, etc. Wood scratch remover can be used
effectively to fill in scratches.
Q: Can these rugs support heavy furniture? Dining table? Sofa?
A: Yes, these rugs can support such furniture and should not break under typical weights, as long
as the surface is not a high pile carpet. To avoid scratches, we suggest using felt, rubber or plastic
casters with rounded edges on any table or chair legs.
Q: Can you use a rolling chair on this rug?
A: No. An office chair with casters on its legs should not be used on our rugs. We would
recommend our patent pending Bamboo Office Chair Mats for this purpose.
Q: My rug has an odor when first removed from its package. Will the smell go away? Is it toxic?
A: Yes, the smell will dissipate over the course of several days depending on the ventilation in the
room. The odor is created when the newly manufactured rug is assembled, sealed and the non-slip
PVC rug mat is attached to the back of the rug and then placed in a metal container for a one month
trip to North America. The odor is not toxic.
Q: My rug is darker/lighter than what appears on your website/label.
A: Because bamboo is a natural material, each rug is unique and color may vary slightly from one
production to another. Likewise, colored rugs are dyed and will vary slightly from one production to
Q: Can you use these rugs outside?
A: Yes, you can use these rugs outside. They will perform best in covered, outdoor areas where
they are not subject to direct sunlight and rainfall (i.e. screened porch, lanais, covered porches). They
can be used in uncovered, outdoor areas but the life expectancy and aesthetic beauty of the rug is
greatly diminished when exposed directly to the elements. If used in a covered, outdoor area these
rugs should last for years but will achieve optimum performance indoors.
Q: Can you use these rugs by a pool?
A: We don’t recommend using these rugs directly next to a pool but do recommend using them in
covered, outdoor seating and dining areas. They are, however, surprisingly un-slippery when wet
(even in bare feet).
Q: Will these rugs fade in the sun?
A: Yes, just as a wooden deck or outdoor wood furniture will fade when exposed to the elements,
our rugs will also fade in direct sunlight. Just as you would treat a faded, wooden deck you can stain
these rugs after fading to enhance their appearance. To avoid fading, we recommend using these
rugs indoors or in covered outdoor areas or bringing them inside after each use outdoors.
Q: Will these rugs mold or mildew if used outdoors?
A: Because Anji Mountain Bamboo Rugs are aged, kiln-dried, sealed with multiple layers of
polyurethane finish and are manufactured with a ventilated non-slip rug mat, these rugs are built to
resist mold and mildew under normal circumstances. Exceptional situations include:
• If the rug is placed in a puddle,
• placed in an area with improper drainage, or
• placed in an area with an existing mold or mildew problem.
If you have mold or mildew on the rug, you can treat it with a damp cloth soaked in water with bleach.
Add a teaspoon of bleach to a gallon of water and wipe away mold/mildew. Then, be sure to keep rug
away from exceptional situations listed above!
|Also take a look
our Great Collection
Top Service Merchant